Sunday, May 16, 2010

Skydiving my butt off

I would like to say its official that summer has started, except for really its not. I have a week of school left, and two weeks until i actually graduate but i already feel that awesome summer sun vibe that makes you want to get out and do things. Matt has unearthed his pool, it looks like shit though tons of algae everywhere that makes the water as black as coke. He says it'll take about 2 weeks before its actually swim-able. I don't really mind waiting though, there's something about the anticipation before swimming that makes it all the better when you actually do get to have that first big jump into the pool.
After graduation which is on the 28th, my friends and I are all going to Ocean Ci-tay for "senior week". We are way out in the boondocks though, apparently far away from pretty much anyone else who is going. Honestly though, I am so excited to just have some hardcore chill time with my friends. Play some frisbee on the beach, go swimming, hang out and watch movies. I am really excited. We are staying in this small 2 couple condo that my friends mom owns. The original plan was to fit 8 people in it, which is twice the occupancy. But my boyfriend bailed, and so did another couple...so now its down to my two gay friends, and one straight couple and me. Oddly enough, I'm not going to feel like the 5th wheel or the oddball, mostly because I simply refuse to be left alone, (I'm a pretty dependent person...would much prefer a group of people over being by myself). The condo is really close to this place called Dummsers (not sure in spelling it right) but its mega famous for its ice cream. FYI, Ice cream = my vice. I could literally live off cereal and ice cream for probably the rest of my life and die happily. I know that sounds like an over exaggeration, but its not xP I really LOVE ice cream and cereal. Especially cinnamon toast crunch and raisin nut bran. mmmmhm.
I played my first match of horseshoes over the weekend. That shit is so much harder than it looks. Your essentially throwing this 2 pound metal circle-ish thing onto a rod. Its a difficult task to succeed at, but its so much fun to try. You have to kind of hurl it, like in bowling, but not with the little shuffle that comes with bowling a bowling ball. Instead its more of a launch.
Well, nonetheless frisbee remains my favorite summer sport no matter how much I suck at it, I love to play. My friends and I have been going out to the fields during enrichment lately and playing. A couple of weeks ago my one and only frisbee got mercilessly tossed on top of a caved in green house. My initial reaction was "dammmmnnn it esli!!" (esli = the thrower). But then the next day we went out for a water balloon fight and *poof* there was my frisbee laying in the field. Kinda weird how stuff like that happens. But I love it when it does, makes your day a little better.
This whole working two jobs thing is total bullshit. The manager at Baja thinks im "really committed" which I'm really not. I kind of want to go ahead and give him my two weeks notice because i simply don't enjoy handing people burritos and mopping the [very slippery] floor. It kind of funny actually...since the kitchen gets really greasy they have these rubber floors, and all the burrito grease starts to build up on it by the time closing comes around. Whenever I go back there to pack up the salsa bar my shoes automatically start slidding. The other day I couldn't even push open a door (my hands were full) because whenever I went to push on it with my back my feet would just start sliding. I only managed to open it an inch before I realized I would have to go at it with a running start and just kind of body slam the door open. Thank god none of the kitchen guys saw that xP They're already having a blast making fun of the new girl who doesn't know the difference between a fajita and taco. Can I quit? Poll: When is it too soon to quit a job after being hired? Would they want the shirt back? How bout the visor? (Yes, i wear a visor).
summer bitches. I'm going to montreal and skydiving my butt off.

Meal of the day: cinnamon toast crunch
Song of the day: orange sky by alexi murdoch

No comments:

Post a Comment