Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sunday, Easter Sunday

Well, went to church this morning and sat in the back row...or pew rather, with my sister. Everything was nice and church-ish until this mom and her two 6 ish year old daughters sat in front of us. They started to color, mess with mommy's bag, drop papers on the floor, and just kept on being children in general. I ended up not listening to the service at all but trying not to laugh my butt of whenever the one little girl turned around and stared at my feet. I don't know why I found it so hilarious, but I felt really judged by this six year old, so maybe it was my way of laughing off judgement, but I could not contain myself. I ended up making her laugh too, so the two back pews became a zone of laughter. Why everyone else is shouting "JESUS HAS RISEN!" I'm looking at my sister going "Why is she staring at me? hahahahahhahah our shoes? they are shiny...." I didn't learn anything, zippo, zilch.
Afterwards the fam went to California Pizza Kitchen where I devoured a wild mushroom pizza which was incredibly delicious. My parents had salad, and we had had croissants strawberries and cereal for breakfast so I am feeling extremely bloated after lunch. My parents asked me if I wanted to go and take a tour of Towson University (which is most likely where I will be next year) so I said "sure" and we went and walked around campus for about a half an hour. There were lots of extremely skinny girls laying in the grass with bathing suits on tanning, along with "jock" ish looking guys chillin in chairs (ultimately watching the girls tan). SO after eating a pizza, I, with my already incredibly low self esteem, feel like shit (pardon my french). We leave to go home so I decide I'm going to go biking.
I leave my bike at a friends house for storage cause she lives right next to a bike trail and its a lot more convenient than towing my bike around the county every time I want to go biking. My darling daddy decided that during the winter he would like it to be at our place. I agree with him of course, so when it was being kept in our tiny tiny tiny shed he had to loosen the handle bars so he could move them and fit it better. So today when I took it out on the trail, even though I had tightened the bolt two weeks before I went zooming down this huge hill to get on the trail and BOOM down I went. Right in front of a super-fit physical trainer looking guy. Are you shitting me? He goes "WHOA. are you OKAY?!" me: "yeah.....my bike is fucked up....the handle bars are loose..." he goes: "I have some tools" (hahah of course you do.) me: "Reallllyyy?? That would be amazing." and he ends up helping me out, after kind of laughing at me, goes "that should be safer" and off we go on our own biking ways. Well, at least I could keep biking. I went probably 4 miles, turned around and headed back. My friend and I always take this little back road that lets you go faster on the way back to her house, so I decided to do it even though I was on my own. What I forgot was that this road probably hasn't been paved in decades so there's a lot of pot holes, AND it recently rained. When I neared the last 200 feet of the road I saw huge, deep, muddy, brown puddles that were about 50 feet long in front of me. I peddled really quick, centered myself in the middle of the road (hoping for the shallowest bit of the puddle) and braved it. Needless to say, when I came out my legs and butt were showered with mudd, I even managed to get some on my upper arms. Hmm. That made for an interesting bike ride.
Had to stop at a gas station (cause my "you need fuel, bitch!" light came on). The only one near, with decent prices, is an extremely popular gas station cause its also a mini-mart. I knew I looked like crap, had mud up my butt, sweaty hair...the whole bit. So I decided to try to disguise myself, put on my huge sunglasses, messed up my hair, and hoped for the best. Thank god no one was at the station when I pulled in. (yesssss!).
So now, I am home, showered and waiting for Matt to get back from his grandparents. I plan on giving him my chocolate bunny cause I already ate the carrots. =]
Happy Easter every one!

Meal of the day: Wild Mushroom Pizza
Song of the day: Everything's Just Wonderful by Lily Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment