Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

Woke up this morning. Waited for Matt to call in a most uneventful way. By that I mean, I layed in bed until I decided he must be awake and just forgot to call. Then deciding to be stubborn, I made a resolution not to call him. My friend Katie (aka Stretts) had proposed the idea of chillin' the night before, so I took matters into my hands and gave her a ring.
"Hell yah, lets hang out. Wanna watch Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs?"
DO I EVER.

So as we settled down in her freezing basement to watch a movie geared toward 8 year olds I found myself realizing how much I watch movies and TV. Also how much I'm really getting sick of it.

I would like to challenge myself to not watching TV for a week. *gasp*
I know. Insanity! But why the hell not?! I'm pretty sure I can live without watching the newest Simpson's episode and engulf myself in the works of David Sedaris or the amazing photojournalist Dan Eldon (who, by the way, has become one of my idols). OR can I?

Just take it a day at a time Laura, day at a time.

On a different topic, after watching Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and thoroughly enjoying the wit of Flint, I went to work (for the first time in a week and 2 days!) got incredibly bored with myself and made a list of all the things I want to do this summer. Hopefully I'll be able to slowly check them off as the time goes by.

I can't WAIT for the summer. I have some mega plans in the making, and I demand they go into action starting on the first 75 degree day.

My dad knocked on my door about 15 minutes ago. "You got a minute?" Of course I had a minute for my darling father. When he entered Che de Laura we sat on my bed and he proceed to thank me for the charming Valentines day card I had made him. But he also told me to basically follow my heart and realize that there are "people in this world who just can't understand that you aren't meant for the mainstream and that making 401 K is just not for you". My dad is an amazing man, and I know he believes in me more than anyone else on this earth. At the same time I don't talk to him as much as we used to when I was, say, 8? We used to read the Lorax and then pray for the people of Cuba together. We had a binder of poetry that we used to share once a week. We'd write a new famous work and then read it too each other. Going back and reading it now I realize how much my daddy loves me (awe) and how good he is at expressing his opinion in so many different ways. All in all, I plan to not plan my future and just got with what the hell ever happens to me. And I think that sounds like a pretty damn good plan.

I've started a "life book" or "altered book" however you want to call it. I might post some pictures of its "inners" sometime soon.

Meal of the day: Veggie Burger with an apple
Song of the day: Kisses and Cake by John Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment