Monday, February 1, 2010

heart shaped bruises..or just the regular ones.

Somehow I have managed to get a bruise on the top of my foot. How? I really don't know. I seem to bruise really easily. When I got back from trucking around NYC for a day I woke up with about 4 quarter sized bruises placed spontaneously around my body. When Beka, my sister, asked me what the hell I did, all I could say was "I have a bruise?"
I got back from work today, went to get into some jim-jams (aka pajamas) and found a bruise about 3 centimeters up from my belly button. honestly? My belly button?  I would like an answer, yet at the same time, making up crazy stories of how they might have gotten there is much more interesting. For example:
Random Person: "Laura, how on earth did you get a bruise on your belly button??!?"
Me: "You didn't hear about the influx of jellyfish inhabiting the Baltimore Aquarium!?"
Random Person: "influx?...of jellyfish?"
Me: "Yeah, wow I'm surprised you didn't hear! It was all over the front page of the Sun                 [newspaper]! Yeah, 'Jellyfish Break Through Glass in Aquarium and Attack 
Innocent' Huge story....I was one of the innocent."
Random Person: "You innocent? Damn, your a bad liar."


Now I remember why I didn't pursue writing.

Meal of the day: Tomato Soup with Basil
Song of the day: Toothpaste Kisses by The Maccabees

No comments:

Post a Comment