Monday, January 25, 2010

My life be like...ohh rah!

Well, HELLO again 

The weekend has past insanely quickly and my sadness over it is abundant. I woke up at 5.20 this morning from the crazy wind outside that was making loads of noise. I went to school around 6.30 and after chillin with some friends till 7.00 we headed into the library to print some stuff out and I actually got asked "How are you?" My reaction: "Its 7.00 on a monday morning. I'm tired." I think I might have scared the guy a little, but he likes a good joke so when anatomy rolled around later (the class I have with him) he was back to his old self.  Note to self: Be less sarcastic in the morning.

Anyway back to the weekend, hung out with Matt (my boyfriend) pretty much everyday. We went to a friend's house on saturday night and had a really great time. There were a couple of "perfect" moments that I'm really happy happened. Of course, all I can think about in school is those moments rather than "Political Geography, and the effects of ethnocentric distribution". Nonetheless, top notch weekend even though waking up early on sunday morning was more difficult than it should have been. 

I invited Matt to try this tofu I had made one night for dinner. I thought it was the best thing in existence (and I've had it the past 3 nights for dinner). I asked him if he liked it, and after going "its...okay." and me going "no, really, did you like it? Would you eat it again?" and his response; "its...okay." I figured out he wouldn't eat it again. So when we were talking with some of his guy friends I asked around if any of them liked tofu. The reactions:
"Hell no." *eye roll* "...nooooooooo" "nope." and "what's tofu?"
The basic conclusion being I know no men that like tofu. Do you??

On a totally irrelevant topic, the kiddies at work are getting to be ridiculously sick. Two were out for fever, and one was out for puking. Apparently the stomach flu is going around AGAIN. I have already suffered the damn virus once and I demand not to again. It made all the kids emotionally unstable. When I asked one girl to wait a sec for juice I got cried at. When one girl took away another girl's cup she started crying. Not just normal two year old crying, oh no. This was wailing, hardcore tears and the occasional high pitched screech that only a 2 year old can manage to make. It was RIDICULOUS. 
With my creativity bursting I found one of those fake doctor kits, grabbed the pretend syringe-y needle thing and started asking if they wanted "shots" to feel better. They ended up giving me millions merely because they loved my pretend reaction of utter pain. Still, I had bundles of fun with my darling buddies and I think it's a good thing to act like a 2 year old every once in a while. Hell, I even started crying back at them. 

Doubt much of anyone can answer this, BUT the slim chance of someone knowing isn't impossible. Know a great karaoke bar in baltimore? If your answers "Yes" congratulations, you've just won my thanks.

Meal of the day: Flaffel with Tahini Sauce 
Song of the day: My life be like Ooh Ahh by Grits

1 comment:

  1. hey laura!

    just thought id return the favour and pay your blog a visit. your blog feels like a conversation. *thumbs up*

    haha i happen to eat tofu. prob coz of growing up on it but meh, ppl can make it taste like chicken nowadays.

    and nice save on the kiddie vaccines!

    ReplyDelete